The following is a brief explanation for how to submit an exemption request from the reserved list:
Accessing the SaudiNIC’s E-portal of SaudiNIC Services
All SaudiNIC services are provided electronically through SaudiNIC’s e-portal site (www.nic.sa or سجل.السعودية). It requires logging into the e-portal using your username and password. If you do not have an account then you can create a new account by submitting a request using the service: creating an account.
1- Filling up the service form
The first step in this procedure is to fill up the service form, including the following information:
The word to be exempted.
The justification for the request.
The domain name.
The name of the registering entity.
The information of the request submitter.
The submitter of the request must insure all fields are filled out correctly and fix any issues that appear with the request.
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and to provide a proof for the accuracy of the information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : ( png - jpg - gif - tiff - pdf).
The request letter must be authenticated by the chamber of commerce ( in case of local companies ) or one of the Saudi embassies ( in the case of international companies ) .
3- Review the request
All the information in the request are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can delete the request at this stage if needed .
4- Authorized person (Administrative Contact) approval
The authorized person (Administrative Contact) must approve the request , a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked either to approve the request, or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely. Account holder must coordinate with the authorized person (Administrative Contact) regarding this step and ensure that he/she have all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision.
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start. The results of processing the request will be one of the following :
- If all the information are correct and the request confirms with the rules and regulations, the request will be passed on to the CITC's management for their final decision. If the decision was to exempt the requested domain from the reserved list and register it, the applicant will receive the authorization key of that domain, then he/she must follow the Steps of registering a domain exempted from the reserved list.
- If the request is rejected, concerned parties are notified.
- In case the authorized person (Administrative Contact) didn't receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approve it, otherwise it will not considered to be received and will remain pending. Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.
- The above steps are part of the Procedures Governing Reserved Names Under Saudi Domain Names which all applicants for this service agree on and confirm to along with the Saudi Domain Name Registration Regulation .
- This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.