The following is a brief explanation of how to delete a domain:
Accessing the SaudiNIC’s E-portal of SaudiNIC Services
All SaudiNIC services are provided electronically through SaudiNIC’s e-portal site (www.nic.sa or سجل.السعودية). It requires logging into the e-portal using your username and password. If you do not have an account then you can create a new account by submitting a request using the service: creating an account.
1- Filling up the domain deletion form
The first step in deleting a domain name after logging in is to fill the service form where the needed information is gathered, specially (the deletion reason). The form must be filled correctly and all errors must be corrected prior to submission.
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and they are used to provide a proof for the accuracy of the submitted information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form and they must be uploaded in the accepted electronic format (i.e., png, jpg, gif, Tiff, or PDF) .
The request letter must be authenticated by the chamber of commerce (in the case of local companies) or a Saudi embassy (in the case of international companies) .
3- Review and confirm the request
The entire request information are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness. He/she can delete the request at this stage if needed.
By clicking on (submit) a link to the request information form will be sent to the Administrative Contact’s email address. He/she will be asked to approve the request.
4- Administrative Contact approval
The Administrative Contact must approve or reject the request. The Account Holder must coordinate with the Administrative Contact regarding this step and ensure that the Administrative Contact has all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision.
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start. The results of processing the request will be one of the following :
- Accepted, if all the information are correct. Then, the domain will be deleted and made available for registration by others after a random period of time.
- Rejected. Concerned parties will be notified of the reasons. The account holder can apply again after resolving the problems.
- In the case of request cancelation, all the concerned parties are notified.
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approves it, otherwise it will not be considered to be received and will remain pending.
- Pending requests will expire automatically after one week.
- If the Administrative Contact did not receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.
- All correspondences regarding the request are communicated to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.
- Registrants, Administrative Contacts, and Account Holders requesting this service implicitly confirm their understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed in the Domain names Registration Regulations published in SaudiNIC's website.